View Our Crystal Bar Menu Here
View My Thai Dinner Menu
View our Wine List Here
View our new tapas menu:
Early Bird Menu available! Any 2 Courses for €19.95. Available 7 Days, 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
My Thai Recipes
(Stir fried chicken with turmeric,tamarind and chilly sauce ,cooked with potatoes)
a) I medium sized chicken breast
b) 4 dried chillies
c) Two teaspoon black peppercorn
d) 2 stalks lemongrass
e) 1table spoon Tow Cheong (sauce)
f) I clove chopped garlic
g) 5 small shallots
h) 2 table spoon tamarind sauce
i) Salt to taste
j) Coconut milk
1)Prepare a paste of shallots. Dried chillies, lemongrass, garlic black peppercorn
2)Heat a Wok , add two table spoon cooking oil, heat it and mix the paste in it
3) Once the paste starts turning brown add the chicken (cut in cubes)
4) Cook for ten to fifteen minutes on a slow flame
5) when it starts to simmer add 30ml fresh coconut milk
6) add salt to taste
7) cook for additional two minutes and Serve
This dish can be cooked with both boneless chicken breast or with bone
and is ideally served with Thai Jasmine rice.
(Stewed Chicken with Roasted Coconut) - Serves Two People
360gm Lean Chicken Meat (Cut in Cubes)
100gm Grated Roasted Coconut
80ml Coconut Milk
1 Stalk Lemongrass
1 Gelengal (small pieces)
3 Red Chillies
1 Small Piece of Ginger
¼ Pint Water
Small Pieces of Tumeric
1) Blend the lemongrass, glengal, red chillies, tumeric, onion and ginger to make the Rendang Curry Paste.
2) Heat the oil in a saucepan; add the Rendang Paste until it is soft and golden brown.
3) When it turns golden brown add the chicken pieces and the grated roasted coconut and coat well with Rendang Paste.
4) Stir the mixture thoroughly until it appears slightly dry, add ¼ pint of water and 80ml of coconut milk and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes.
5) Check the chicken pieces are cooked through then stir gently for a couple of minutes, add salt to taste.
6) Ready to serve.
Ayam Rendang is best served with coconut rice.
Stir Fried Tiger Prawns with Curry Leaves (as seen on Ireland AM)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
a.) Fresh Tiger Prawns (peeled and de veined) - 16 pcs
b.) Garlic - 2
c.) Shallots - 2
d.) Lemon Grass - 1/2 stick
e.) Ginger - 1/4 stick
f.) Curry leaves - 5/6
g.) Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
h.) Curry Powder - 1 table spoon
i.) Scallion - 2 stalks
j.) Lime - cut in half
k.) Water - 1/4 cup
l.) Coconut milk
1.) Blend items B-E in a processor to make a paste.
2.) Heat oil in a wok and put curry leaves along with the paste made earlier and cook till the paste is brown.
3.) Add water to the wok, put turmeric powder, curry powder and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Add coconut milk gently.
4.) Squeeze lime and add a pinch of salt and sugar.
5.) Add prawns to the wok and cook for 5 minutes until the prawns turn pink.
6.) Transfer the dish to a plate and serve with rice.
Back to Crystal Bar & My Thai