The seaside town of Bray is one of Ireland’s hidden gems, small and quaint it packs quite a punch with shops, restaurants, cafes, bars and amusements. Take a challenging hike up to Bray Head or enjoy a chilled afternoon lying on the beach with a 99’ ice cream cone listening to the sound of people splashing and paddling and just having fun on the seafront. A trip to Bray is a must for the itinerary.
We've listed just a few of things to do on a day trip to Bray all of the activities below are close to the Dart station in Bray.
- The Promenade, take a walk along the promenade, approximately a mile long with beautiful view of Bray and surrounding areas.
- The Cliff Walk will take you about 2 hours but it's an exhilarating experience with some rewarding views when you reach the top, bring comfy shoes and supplies!
- Mermaid Arts Centre plays host to some innovative dance, theatre, music and art house cinema
- Sea Life Bray is home to a fabulous indoor aquarium
- Kilruddery House & Gardens situated in Bray is a picturesque spot hidden in the busy town of Bray, ramble through the gardens at your leisure which have been used for numerous film shoots including Camelot, The Tudors and Becoming Jane.
- Horse Riding is also very popular in the seafront or in Brennantowns Riding School Equestrian centre.
- Bray Adventures organise both land and water activities including Kayaking, Surfing and Hill Walking.
- Take in a round of Golf and one of the many clubs located in or close to Bray
- Bray Bowl is another activity if the weather is not great on the day you visit
- Squirral's Scramble now open in the ground of Kilruddery House and Gardens is a fun day out for thrill seekers, with lots of outdoor activities
- Feed the Swans in Bray Harbour after a day of fun and frolics on the beach, a peaceful way to end your day trip to Bray.
The Beacon Hotel is one of the closest hotels to Bray in Wicklow. After a fun packed afternoon, hiking, dining, surfing or cycling, you can retreat to confines of your super stylish room at The Beacon.
The easiest way to access Bray from The Beacon is by bus or taxi. Our front office team will help you get there and you won’t regret it!