Merry Ploughboy Irish Night
Would you like to experience a little piece of Irish tradition on your visit to Dublin? Then a trip to The Merry Ploughboy Pub, widely regarded as the best traditional music show in Dublin and also as a must do for any visitors to Dublin city.
Located approximately 13 minutes from The Beacon Hotel in Sandyford, a shuttle is included in the package so you don’t need to worry about getting there & back!
The Merry Ploughboy Package includes:
- Bed & Breakfast for two in the plush deluxe, boutique Beacon Hotel
- Free car-parking
- 2 tickets to the Merry Ploughboy show inclusive of a 4 course meal
- Transfers to & from The Beacon Hotel to the Merry Ploughboy pub
- From €121.50 per person sharing
What happens at the show!
Picture this, a traditional Irish pub full of picture frames and memorabilia that visitors and musicians have left during their travels. Long tables set for dinner facing onto the stage, dimly lit, making it feel cosy and comfortable. The pub starts to fill with hungry visitors all set to enjoy the show. Arrive for 6.30pm and dinner is served from 7pm, enjoy the great atmosphere of laughter and shared stories of visitors from around the world over dinner. The menu has a good selection of dishes all with an Irish flavour including, root vegetable soup or homemade seafood chowder, tender Irish Angus Beef served with Irish potatoes and vegetables or tender shank of Wicklow Lamb. The show kicks off at 8pm until 10pm to a packed audience ready to enjoy some traditional Irish music and dancing.
It is a highly entertaining performance of live traditional Irish music, song and Irish dancing. From start to finish, this is a show based on fantastic interaction between the performers and the audience. Midway through, All-Ireland and World champion Irish Dancers from Dublin and beyond perform a specially commissioned show. The entertainment commences with Ireland's leading traditional Irish music group The Merry Ploughboys. The Merry Ploughboys (the owners of the pub) are a traditional Irish music band who have been performing to audiences in Dublin since 1989.
This makes the Merry Ploughboys show the longest running show in Ireland hosted by the same performers over an impressive 26 years. You won’t want to leave, but when it is time to go home our transfer will leave you back to The Beacon Hotel.
To Book: Please Phone +353 (0) 1 2915000 or email: email@example.com
Terms & conditions apply
- Offer is subject to availability
- Show does not run every night. Our reservations team will check availability for your selected dates
- Booking 48 hours in advance is essential
- Bookings must be cancelled within 48 hours or you may be subjected to charges
- You must be ready for collection at a specified time which will be advised by hotel reception and you must be ready to leave for returning transfer to hotel