A Complete Guide to Holidaying with Tricky Teenagers
Your little sweethearts have become teenagers. Living with them is like walking on thin ice…holidaying with them is a whole other trauma! We have put together a simple guide for holidaying with teenagers that will make your trip memorable and earn you their respect for being a cool parent for organising a fabulous teenage friendly trip.
If you are lucky enough to have kids all relatively similar ages, you can book a Teen Friendly Break at The Beacon Hotel. Here’s 8 reasons why……
1. We don’t have a kid’s club and we generally cater for kids that are 10 years and older. Your teens will just love the suave and sophisticated hotel vibe.
2. We don’t do interconnecting or family rooms, so you will get quite a bit of kudos for booking a room for them that may be beside your room but doesn’t interconnect. You are giving them that much-needed bit of space and independence they crave.
3. All rooms and public areas of the hotel offer free Wi-Fi…..enough said.
4. Our lobby has been described as a gallery, all white with lots of natural light, big comfy chairs, a cosy snug and a cool work station in the centre. You can’t help but feel grown up when you are in this space even if you are watching funny YouTube videos….
5. Our restaurant and bar are stylishly designed and there is not a kid’s corner or crayons in sight. Asian Fusion cuisine is the order of the day. Presenting a menu like this as opposed to nuggets and chips will again give your teen the feeling they are level pegging with you.
6. The hotel is literally surrounded by a host of activities all tailored for teenagers. Jump Zone is a 10-minute walk from the hotel or 5 minutes by car, Skill Zone is for 11 + so again aimed at older kids, bowling is available in Stillorgan. Dundrum Town Centre is only 5 minutes by car, packed with shops, restaurants, a cinema and cool outdoor spaces with eateries like Five Guys that will appeal to your teenagers. An afternoon here will form part of the memorable break.
7. Leopardstown Festival runs in July & August and is a fabulous evening out, take in some racing and then a gig. There is a great line-up of acts playing all over the summer, tickets are €17 per person and that gets you entrance in for the night.
8. Our team at The Beacon will treat your teens like grown-ups. Once you check in, you will know you have hit the right note with your family break and your tricky teens – they will love it!
Check out what our reviewers had to say…read more here.