Dublin Horse Show
Packed with action and excitement, the Dublin Horse Show is an event for all audiences. Held since 1864, this is one of Ireland’s largest events and highlights of the summer. The Dublin Horse Show will take place between 7th and 11th of August, 2019.
With 1,500 horses and ponies competing in over 130 classes and competitions over the course of five days, this event will serve as an ultimate day out for horse lovers. The lively social scene will appeal to all. It will consist of the Ladies’ Day, an entertainment program for kids, and many shopping opportunities. There will be different events going on throughout the day in each part of the arena. If you would like to see a map of the arena, you can do so here.
Ladies’ Day, sponsored by Dundrum Town Centre, is a very exciting day filled with competitions and great prizes, highlighting some of the best fashion trends at the event. This day brings together a unique style with fun and entertainment. If you wish to enter any of the competitions, you can do so by filling out an application form.
Competitions and Prizes to win include:
- Best dressed Lady: €10,000 gift card to Dundrum Town Centre
- Best dressed man: €1,500 custom suit from Louis Copeland & Sons
- Elegance is an Attitude: A Longines watch
Food and drinks will never be a worry as there are numerous restaurants and bars around the arena where you can get a bite to eat or refresh yourself with a glass of champagne. There is also a food court and multiple mobile food stands if you prefer a lighter snack.
Some popular event days, such as Friday’s Nation Cup and Saturday’s Land Rover Puissance, sell out quickly, so booking ahead of time can secure your spot and help you jump ahead of the crowd. Tickets can be purchased online. RDS members can enjoy complimentary general admission to the Dublin Horse Show each year. Ticket prices vary depending on the type of ticket you wish to purchase. You can read more details here.
The Dublin Horse Show takes place at the Royal Dublin Society (RDS) on Merrion Road in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
You can travel here by:
- Taxi: best drop off point is the RDS Merrion Road Entrance
- Bus: There are several bus routes and it takes around a 45-minute bus ride from the Beacon.
- Car: 15-minute drive from the Beacon. Once you arrive, there is a Park and Ride facility at UCD.
- Dart: grab a connecting train from Connolly Station. Travelling by train is very easy—a short walk from Lansdowne Road and Sandymount Train and Dart stations to the RDS
- Luas: from Heuston Station, take the Luas to Connolly Station
In addition to all of the above, there will be over 300 Shopping & Trade stands to browse through, from antiques and art to fashion and equestrian offerings. Music and Entertainment will include Irish dance showcases, magicians, puppet show, choir, comedy show, kids zone with an inflatable slide and bouncing castle, face painting, and pony rides.
You won’t want to miss out on the event of the summer. Book your stay at the Beacon and take advantage of The Dublin Horse Show Package, which includes:
- An overnight stay in a contemporary double room
- Breakfast the following morning for 2 people
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary use of our Fitness Studio
The Beacon Hotel is one of the best hotels located in Dublin to stay in during your visit to Ireland if you wish to discover as much as possible. With our secure underground car-parking facilities, travelling to and from the city centre could not be more convenient, making The Beacon the perfect base for you. Be sure to check out our special offers and book your stay today.